Hydrocarbon Sense Cables
- Very high Sensitivity
- Very Fast Response with Light and Middle Distillates
- Sensitive to Heavy Oils and Hydrocarbon Vapors
- Leak Location on Section Length
- Pre-connected Cable
- Suitable for Explosive Area Service
- Insensitive to Water and Inorganic Pollutants
FG-ODC+: Very High Sensitivity Addressable Oil Sense Cable
FG-ODC+ is a digital sense cable for detection and location of liquid hydrocarbons and liquid insoluble in water and their vapors, along the entire length of 3 metres.
It allows multiple leak detection and location thanks to independent digital addressing, enabled by an embedded microchip in each FG-ODC+ sense cable.
The sensor element is optimized for a very fast response with light to middle distillates. It is sensitive to heavy oils such as conventional crude oils, dilbit/synbit, as well as to hydrocarbon vapors.
Can be installed in a humid environment, as it is insensitive to water and inorganic contamination.
- Standard length (3 m) sensor sections or long line sections allowing optimised system architecture.
- Microcontroller embedded in each FG-ODC+ sense cable allowing the independent digital transmission to the alarm unit.
- Standard length sense cable provided with the built-in plug-socket connector.
- Structure of the sense cable comprising a silicon sensing wire, a continuity wire, a communication wire (proprietary bus) and the power supply wires. Protective external PE braid built on the cable.
- Intrinsically safe – can be used in classified areas: Ex ia IIB T4 Ga (IECEx “Zone 0”).
- Reliable detection:
- Sensitive to heavy oils and vapors.
- Insensitive to water, inorganic pollutants and external loads (pressure).
- Very high sensitivity: examples of detection time: Diesel at 3-5 minutes (*), Gasoline: less than 1 minute (*).
- Detects and locates hydrocarbon leaks on the section length.
- The same unit FG-NET can be connected to FG-ODC+ sense cables and mixed with water or acids/bases sense cables at the same time.
- Easy to install and remove: standard FG-ODC+ cables pre-connected with male / female connectors.
Note (*): depending on liquid composition and leak conditions