Hydrocarbon Sense Cables
- High Sensitivity
- Very Fast Response with Light and Middle Distillates
- Sensitive to Heavy Oils and Hydrocarbon Vapors
- Leak Location on Section Length
- Re-usable and Pre-connected Cable
- Suitable for Explosive Area Service
- Insensitive to Water and Inorganic Pollutants
FG-ODC: High Sensitivity Addressable Oil Sense Cable
- FG-ODC is a digital sense cable for the detection and location of liquid hydrocarbons and liquid insoluble in water and their vapors, along the entire length.
- It allows multiple leak detection and location thanks to independent digital addressing, enabled by an embedded microchip in each FG-ODC sense cable.
- The sensor element is optimized for a very fast response with light to middle distillates. It is sensitive to heavy oils such as conventional crude oils, dilbit/synbit, as well as to hydrocarbon vapors.
- Re-usable after leak detection.
- Can be installed in a humid environment, as it is insensitive to water and inorganic contamination.
- Standard length (3 m, 7m and 12m) sensor sections or long line sections allowing optimised system architecture.
- Microcontroller embedded in each FG-ODC sense cable allowing the independent digital transmission to the alarm unit.
- Standard length sense cable provided with the built-in plug-socket connector.
- Longline provided with built-in intermediate embedded connections (for each section), plus connector at extremities on demand. Structure of the sense cable comprising a silicon sensing wire, a continuity wire, a communication wire (proprietary bus) and the power supply wires.
- Protective external PE braid built on the cable.
- Intrinsically safe – can be used in classified areas: Ex ia IIB T4 Ga (IECEx “Zone 0”).
- Reliable detection:
– Sensitive to heavy oils and vapors.
– Insensitive to water, inorganic pollutants and external loads (pressure).
- High sensitivity: examples of detection time: gasoline at 1-2 minutes (*), jet fuel at 4-10 minutes (*), diesel at 7-12 minutes (*), WTI: 20-35 minutes (*), Dilbit: 30-45 minutes (*).
- Detects and locates hydrocarbon leaks on the section length.
- Can be reused, allowing leak detection tests under real conditions. The same unit FG-NET can be connected to FG-ODC sense cables and mixed with water or acids/bases sense cables at the same time.
- Easy to install and remove: standard FG-ODC cables pre-connected with male / female connectors.
Note (*): depending on liquid composition and leak conditions