Hydrocarbon Sense Cables
- Intermediate Sensitivity
- Fast Response with Light and Middle Distillates
- Leak Location on Section Length
- Re-usable and Pre-connected Cable
- Suitable for Explosive Area Service
- Insensitive to Water and Inorganic Pollutants
FG-OD: Addressable Oil Sense Cable
- FG-OD is a digital sense cable for detection and location, along the entire length, of liquid hydrocarbons and liquid insoluble in water present on the cable.
- It allows multiple leak detection and location thanks to independent digital addressing, enabled by an embedded microchip in each FG-OD sense cable.
- Fast response.
- Re-usable after leak detection.
- Can be installed in humid environment, as it is insensitive to water and inorganic contamination.
- Standard length (3 m, 7m, 12m and 20m) sensor sections or long line section allowing optimised system architecture.
- Microprocessor embedded in each FG-OD sense cable allowing independent digital transmission to the alarm unit.
- Standard length sense cable provided with built-in plug-socket connector.
- Long line provided with built-in intermediate embedded connections (for each section), plus connector at extremities on demand. Structure of the sense cable comprising a silicon sensing wire, a continuity wire, a communication wire (proprietary bus) and the power supply wires.
- Protective external PE braid built on the cable. Intrinsically safe – can be used in classified areas: Ex ia IIB T4 Ga (IECEx “Zone 0”).
- Reliable detection:
– Sensitive to liquid hydrocarbons.
– Insensitive to water, inorganic pollutants and external loads (pressure).
- Examples of detection time: Gasoline: 3-6 minutes (*), Diesel Oil: 25-35 minutes (*), Jet Fuels: 10-20 minutes (*).
- Detects and locates hydrocarbon leaks on the section length.
- Can be reused, allowing leak detection tests under real conditions.
- The same unit FG-NET can be connected to FG-OD sense cables and mixed with water or acids / bases sense cables at the same time.
- Easy to install and remove: standard FG-OD cables pre-connected with male / female connectors.
(*) : depending on liquid composition and leak conditions
Embedded microchip in each FG-OD sense cable allows multiple leak detection and location on one circuit: